Job Location: Singapore
Job Description: Agent Vi is seeking a Business Development Manager to join its APAC sales group.
The BizDev Manager will focus on expanding Agent Vi’s footprint in key market verticals within the physical security space. The ideal candidate will be self-directed and able to generate significant lead flow and market awareness for Agent Vi and its products within the target verticals. The compensation will include a variable component related to deals closed within the target verticals and as such the candidate is expected to guide the sales engagement from lead generation to deal closure for key accounts. This individual is expected to work throughout Agent Vi’s ecosystem utilizing all means possible to initiate new customer contacts including cold calling, social networks networking with industry peers and attending public events when available. Target verticals include Municipalities, Transit and Critical Infrastructure but may be expanded at the discretion of senior management.
Experience within the physical security industry and selling to complex organizations within one or multiple of these verticals is a must. Experience in selling in SE Asia countries, with emphasis on Singapore and Thailand, is a must.
The position reports to the VP Sales EMEA & APAC.
• Develop new leads within the target verticals through a combination of direct sales engagement and networking through the physical security ecosystem.
• Contact and influence key technology partners within the ecosystem to create awareness and increase referrals to customers within the target vertical.
• Work closely with VMS, camera manufacturers, and other technology partners on specific opportunities within the target vertical to promote Agent Vi’s products and ensure a combined offering that satisfies customer’s needs.
• Contact and influence end-users, consultants and A&E firms doing work within the target verticals.
• Use Agent Vi alliance partners such as Google and Intel to make first contact with potential end users and qualify them, leading to new sales leads for the company.
• Participate in vertical related events both virtually and when available physically.
• Engage C-level executives and supporting departments as necessary to position Agent Vi as a critical supplier to the customer’s organization leading to exclusive procurements where possible.
• Must be technically proficient, with the ability to learn in-depth technical aspects of the products, including how to demonstrate all facets of the products.
• Proven track record of selling to the public sector.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Must have excellent time management skills including the ability to plan and prioritize.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• 3-5 years of experience in selling physical security systems and/or SaaS solutions – an advantage
• Experience selling managed services or to managed services providers (MSPs) – an advantage